On 2 Jun 2018, at 7:32pm, dmp <da...@dandymadeproductions.com> wrote:

> By the way, most databases give exactly that INSERT when dumping data
> for DATE, TIME, TIMESTAMP, etc., text. I'm not advocating a preferred
> type for storage here.

I think your proposed programme of experimentation is the right way to pursue
this.  But I wanted to save you some time.

SQLite doesn't have a DATE type.  You can store dates in a SQLite database as
text, or integers or floating point numbers (e.g. "20180602", a number of days,
a number of seconds).  But when you ask for a value, that's what you'll get
back.  Any interpretation of that value as a date is up to you or your software.

Simon.