Hi,

I have the 'SchoolYearTeachingDays' table with just one column, in
which are dates:

CREATE TABLE SchoolYearTeachingDays (
    aDate DATE PRIMARY KEY
                UNIQUE
);
I filled it with many dates which are unique. These dates excludes
dates for Sundays and for Saturdays. I have another, the
'TeachingSaturdaysInSchoolYear' table:

CREATE TABLE TeachingSaturdaysInSchoolYear (
    id            INT  PRIMARY KEY
                       UNIQUE,
    aDate      DATE,
    TimetableForTheDay TEXT
);
This table holds just two dates. These two dates are for two
Saturdays. On these two Saturdays we have to teach students. When I do
the following query on this table, I get these two records:

2018-04-14
2018-05-05

I want to INSERT these two dates from the
'TeachingSaturdaysInSchoolYear' table into 'SchoolYearTeachingDays'
table.

I am trying with this query:

INSERT INTO SchoolYearTeachingDays
 SELECT aDate FROM TeachingSaturdaysInSchoolYear
;
but I get this error: Error: UNIQUE constraint failed:
SchoolYearTeachingDays.aDate

Then I get help and this code:
INSERT INTO SchoolYearTeachingDays
 SELECT aDate FROM TeachingSaturdaysInSchoolYear T WHERE T.aDate NOT
IN (SELECT S.aDate FROM SchoolYearTeachingDays S)

It works. But I am not understanding it at all.
I wish to know followings.
How many times want to inserts the SELECT query the one of the date
from the TeachingSaturdaysInSchoolYear table into
SchoolYearTeachingDays table?

That is: the how many times wants select statement to insert one
record from first table into second table?

--
Best, Pali