Jay,

I think your approach would have been quicker. Ten hours so far and it's still deleting the table :(

Rob

On 17 Jul 2018, at 2:16, Jay Kreibich wrote:

On Jul 16, 2018, at 3:01 PM, rob.sql...@robertwillett.com wrote:

Hi,

We're doing a massive tidy on our database which is approx 50GB.

One table is approx 49GB of that 50GB which we need to delete as we have recorded the information in a far better format thats approx 99% more efficient. If only we had been this clever when we started….

Depending on the complexity of the scheme, it sounds like it might be easier to just dump the other tables, re-create the database without this jumbo table, and re-import the other data.

 -j