I have no connection with the following project.

<https://github.com/aergoio/litetree>

Described poorly on the web site so here's my own description:

This is an extension of SQLite which allows branched versions, each new branch
creating one dataset which existed before the new branch and a new dataset,
initially a copy of the old dataset at some historical point, which can be
further modified.  Both the old and new branches can be further branched.

LiteTree is implemented storing the SQLite db pages on LMDB making it more than
twice as fast as normal SQLite on Linux and MacOSX, and also runs on Windows.

Simon.