Having successfully ported sqlite to z/OS Unix as a 32 bit app, I am now
looking at a c program to make SQL calls to this.
Starting with an Assembler routine that runs within z/OS (not Unix), which
is not LE (Language Environment)enabled, we then call a c routine (numerous
times) that is LE enabled. That is all working fine and making good SQL
calls to sqlite. the c program then returns back to the upper assembler
calling program. The problem is that the c routines is opening, issuing the
SQL and closing on each invocation.

Now this may be a dumb question, so apologies up front.
Is there any way that the c program can open the sqlite db initially on the
first call and keep it open after it returns back to the calling program
until a final call at which point it will issue the sqlite3_close.

Again - sorry if this was a dumb question.

Thanks