On 09/04/2018 03:21 AM, David White wrote:
Hello and thanks for any help with this.

I have been using the pre-compiled Android binaries on the download page
for some time. Recently one of my apps had a "missing class" problem and
I thought it might be due to the Sqlite libraries I had been using.
These were dated 12/9/2017 and I saw there was an updated download so I
grabbed it yesterday. When I opened the .aar, I see that while the old
download contained .so files for these abis:
arm64-v8a,armeabi,armeabi-v7a,mips,mips64,x86,x86_64 the new one only
contains .so files for these abis:arm64-v8a,armeabi-v7a,x86,x86_64. I am
not worried too much by the absence of mips but I do wonder about
armabi. I am not sure I fully understand all of this. But I presume
armabi is for old processors. Is there something in the later code that
has changed making armabi no longer supported?

I hadn't noticed that this had happened. Apparently support for armeabi was removed for NDK r17:

  https://developer.android.com/ndk/guides/abis#sa

Apparently Android itself dropped support in version 4.4.

Did the error you encountered end up being due to the missing armeabi library? What kind of a device are you deploying to?

I imagine if you install an older version of the NDK with Android studio and follow method (2) for building the aar file here:

  https://sqlite.org/android/doc/trunk/www/install.wiki

you will get a package that includes armeabi support.

Dan.

Thanks.

---