Hi Dan and thanks again for your response.

So far, I have heard this from only a single user. Silly Google no longer seems to produce ARM system images for the emulator so I cannot test as my computers are all AMD. So I cannot say about that. Wish I could. I have tried.

Here is the device info from the device in question:

This is some information about your device...

Linux Version: 3.18.100-ga765425
Android SDK Version: 28
Maker: Google
Brand: google
Product: marlin
Device: marlin
Model: Pixel XL

The device is rooted for sure - using Magisk.

In looking at the callback trace it appears that the issue is happening in the GetField call and I see 3 of them in the source code for the register function. I don't see why any of them should fail unless, of course, the classes.jar is having troubles. I have it in my project under libs along with all of the pre-built .so files. That has always worked for me in the past. And the same thing happened on this device using a previous build of the bindings.

Thanks for your time and help.

---