To answer Richard's question directly:

I do not see the proposed change causing any hardship for me.

I happen to like static typing myself due to its ability to help prevent bad data from propagating, with explicit variadic data type for people that don't want to choose a more restrictive type, but SQLite already isn't statically typed, so this change won't make things any worse.

Under the circumstances, this change will actually be an improvement to useability as I see it.

We have round() or truncate() or CAST when we need integer division.

-- Darren Duncan