On 10/30/18, Gerlando Falauto <gerlando.fala...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand SQLite is perfectly capable of handling huge database files
> without any issues.
> Yet I'm convinced there may be some corner cases where there might be
> legitimate reasons for wanting partitioning (like this flight recorder mode
> of mine).
> I guess there might be obvious reasons for NOT doing so, which I however
> fail to see at present -- any hints would be highly appreciated.

You can use ATTACH to successively attach a new database each day (or
some other interval) and DETACH older database files.  You would have
multiple database files in play at any given moment, and you would
need to query across all of them using a UNION ALL query, or something
similar.  Partitioning would probably do about the same thing, just
with more convenient syntax.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org