Agreed, BUT it is the Standard.  I do not question the concept.  Just
make certain it is well documented in the "Gray Area" and user
configurable.  That way old code survives and new code will have the
OPTION of not conforming to the Standard.

Even now I am not looking forward to "upgrading" my old stuff from 2.x.x
to 3.x.x because of the forward looking 3.x.x "enhancements".  Not
disparaging the product, just hate paying the price.

I still like BCD even if the Marines don't.  After all everybody knows
they are tough and like eating bugs, producing columns of numbers that
don't ad up with the total, and doing other tough things :-)

Fred
FTB2(SS) long ago