On 5 Feb 2019, at 3:29pm, Scott <scottvall...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the timely response. I provided below the details. "Time(8)" is
> the generated description of the structure defined by SQLite3 based upon Data
> Type options. So I apologize if I don't understand you comment.

SQLite didn't generate "Time(3)".  Some other piece of software may have done
so, and told SQLite to use it as a datatype.

SQLite doesn't have a Time datatype.  See the list of datatypes at the top of
section 2 of

<https://www.sqlite.org/datatype3.html>

SQLite is taking "Time(8)" and understanding it as "TEXT".  See the table in
section 3.1.1 of the above web page.

SQLite doesn't recognise limits to the number of characters in text fields.
SQLite is ignoring the "(8)" giving it a limit of 8 characters.  See the
paragraph just above that table.

Hope this helps.