Hi there,

I'm trying to create a list with an index list. Eg. I have artists:

Sting
Šuma Čovjek
Suzanne Vega

That's the sort order I'd get using an ICU collation. "Šuma Čovjek" would be sorted as "Suma..." as expected.

Now I'd like to create an index bar by providing groups of the first character:

SELECT SUBSTR(name,1,1), count(distinct id) FROM artists GROUP BY SUBSTR(name,1,1) ORDER BY name COLLATE de_DE

Now this would create two groups for "S" and "Š", leading to unexpected behaviour in my index bar. It seems as if only ORDER BY would use the collation, but not GROUP BY. What am I doing wrong?

Michael