Dave Dyer wrote:

> I looked into this, and the actual problem is windows returning
> a "access denied" error code when trying to recreate the journal
> file immediately after deleting it.   I can't find any documentation
> that says create might fail for this reason, but filemon (from
> systeminternals.com) says the status is "delete pending" in this
> situation.  So I think this is a genuine windows glitch, which
> might be related to my having a fast, dual-core processor.
>
> In any case, it seems to be possible to paper over the problem
> by waiting a few milliseconds and retrying the create.

I have had weird problems in the past on a Windows platform
with the deletion and re-creation of files. I have never
been able to figure out what happened.

I am not familiar with inner workings of SQLite but I can imagine
that this will not be a problem anymore when you use a
transaction instead of individual inserts.

Regards,

Arjen