I still think that, in spite of the absence of a clear standard, sqlite
could benefit from more sophisticated path support.

Sqlite's json functions seem modeled after the MySQL json functions. Since
MySQL supports some nice features (wildcard, prefix/suffix match), it does
seem reasonable that sqlite might support similar behavior.

And, as you mentioned, sqlite tends to follow postgres as a kind of
standard, so once 12.0 lands it would be cool to see sqlite offer similar
json path support.

Anyway, I understand that there are perhaps many other things that are much
higher priority. Love the window functions, on conflict, etc which have
been added in the last few releases. Amazing stuff. Just wanted to see if
json path would be even on the road map.