.DAT files can be anything.  If you can just use sqlite3.exe to open the
.DAT and do proper queries on it (IE: sqlite3.exe yourfile.dat), then it's
a proper SQLite3 database, so then you SHOULD be able to use the Attach
command.  Otherwise, you need to change the .DAT contents to something else
that can be understood by IMPORT and OPEN.