On 4/22/19, Jeffrey Schiller <jeffrey.schil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So if I understand you correctly, you just want to make "master" point to a
> particular known commit. To do this, you can issue the commands (in a local
> copy):
>
> git branch -m master oldmaster # Move it out of the way
> git branch master 4f35b3b7

This is to be done via automation.  I don't want to have to write,
debug, and test the code to detect whether or not there is an existing
"master" that needs to be moved out of the way.  I'd rather do the
equivalent of REPLACE INTO - overwriting the existing ref it exists
and create a new one if it does not.  How might that be done in Git?

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org