On 2019-05-17 07:08:27, "Warren Young" <war...@etr-usa.com> wrote:

On May 17, 2019, at 4:55 AM, J. King <jk...@jkingweb.ca> wrote:

 SQLite version 3.28.0 2019-04-16 19:49:53
 Enter ".help" for usage hints.
 sqlite> create table t(a text default '' /* comment */ );
 sqlite> select dflt_value from pragma_table_info('t') where name = 'a';
 '' /* comment */

 I would expect it to print only the string delimiters.

Isn’t this the mechanism behind the .schema shell command, which just gives a
textual dump of the schema as input, including whitespace, commas, and no
interpretation made on the types you give?

In other words, SQLite doesn’t “digest” your schema and spit out a clean
version, it just tells you what you told it.

Perhaps I should have been clearer that this is a regression?

SQLite version 3.13.0 2016-05-18 10:57:30
Enter ".help" for usage hints.
sqlite> create table t(a text default '' /* comment */ );
sqlite> pragma table_info(t);
0|a|text|0|''|0

--
J. King