Patrick Sherrill, on Tuesday, May 21, 2019 09:38 AM, wrote...

>I don’t know about ‘valid’ csv, it has been a moving target for decades. White
>space as far as my recollection should not be considered in parsing a csv.

In wikipedia [1], under Specification, #3, it states,

"with the records divided into fields separated by delimiters (typically a
single reserved character such as comma, semicolon, or tab; sometimes the
delimiter may include optional spaces),"

I don't know how the RFC agrees with wikipedia, but, it looks like spaces
should be ignore when importing. However, the RFC [2], section 4 says,

"... Spaces are considered part of a field and should not be ignored... "

So, who is right?

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma-separated_values
[2] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4180#section-2