On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 12:57 PM Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> On 7/15/19, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:
> >
> > If you’re going to keep your data in memory, there’s no good reason to use
> > SQLite at all.
>
> Yeah there is.  SQLite has a high-level query language (SQL) that can
> radically simplify application development.

In fact, the "idea" of adopting it for app I/O came just when reading
this page in the SQLite website: https://www.sqlite.org/whentouse.html
 ...that page made me realize this is the standard serialization I
want for all (or at least most) of my applications from today on.

Thanks a lot, a lot, a lot!! for all the useful comments posted in
this thread... I didn't know the backup API had the atomic safety. I
need to study all the information you gave me.

Anyway, if I decide to go the "easy way" and perform a complete file
overwrite whenever the application saves the document, would you first
generate a file database with a temporary name without removing the
older file, and then when saving is finished remove the old one and
rename the new? Or wouldn't it be necessary?

Thanks a lot!!

ardi