On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 3:09 PM Hick Gunter <h...@scigames.at> wrote:

> With the current interface, the xBestIndex function has the possibility of
> returning "effort" and "result set size" separately, instead of just an
> aggregate "effort" (which was at the time documented to assume "result set
> size").

Thanks Gunter for the reminder. Indeed my vtables have been implemented a
long time ago, and only use estimatedCost.
I need to investigate estimatedRows and the other newer xBestIndex
features, include (re)reading several times the doc. --DD

From https://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/index_info.html

  double estimatedCost;           /* Estimated cost of using this index */
  /* Fields below are only available in SQLite 3.8.2 and later */
  sqlite3_int64 estimatedRows;    /* Estimated number of rows returned */
  /* Fields below are only available in SQLite 3.9.0 and later */
  int idxFlags;              /* Mask of SQLITE_INDEX_SCAN_* flags */
  /* Fields below are only available in SQLite 3.10.0 and later */
  sqlite3_uint64 colUsed;    /* Input: Mask of columns used by statement */