On 7/31/2019 5:15 PM, Eric Reischer wrote:
I understand you can *retrieve* a non-quantized value using
sqlite3_column_double(), but I don't see a way to set one without having to
printf() the floating point value.

sqlite3_bind_double

Can this be done using sqlite3_bind_* interfaces, or do they quantize as well?

Yes. No; except that I seem to recall it mentioned that NaN is treated as SQL
NULL, and negative zero is normalized to positive zero.

The goal is to copy the straight 8-byte (or precision-extended 4-byte) IEEE
value into the column into the database (where the column is defined as a
FLOAT) without having to build a SQL statement that has an obscene number of
digits in each floating point field.

That's precisely what bound parameters and sqlite3_bind_X functions are for.
--
Igor Tandetnik