I totally agree with your answer. But this wasn't really the question.

> You have hacked around this security feature

I beg you to try to look at my "hacks" with a fresh eye.

The service they provide is a genuine one: be able to run raw SQL requests,
and also to be notified when one has committed changes in the results of
another. I suppose you know that most high-level libraries in GUI platforms
embed such database observation features. This is part of the expected tool
belt these days.

It happens that a security feature has been rerouted for another purpose.
This other purpose sheds a new light on authorizers.

In GRDB, statements are always "authorized": applications want to manage
*their* database, so there is no point restricting access to the database.
There is no need for the security side of SQLite authorizer. There is need
for the statement inspection features provided by SQLite authorizers (what
will be read/written). And prevention of the truncate optimization.

Now that I hope I have better explained where I talk from, I hope you will
read again my previous question.

Thanks in advance,
Gwendal Roué