Mr. Kurz writes:
> I suppose I am not the only one having to convert between
> MySQL/MariaDB and SQLite databases every now and then. I
> know there are converters for MySQL dumps but none of any
> I have ever tried did work nearly reliable.

If you dislike the available converters and do not wish to
bother writing or adapting one to your tastes, you could use
any of several ETL tools, such as Talend or Pentahoe Kettle.
These tools are good at extracting data and loading it into
a(nother) database. You might have to handle getting your
schema translated, but that will mainly involve minor editing
of the converter outputs you have already obtained.

Mr. Kurz wrote further:
> So my suggestion would be to add an import feature to the
> CLI that allows to directly import MySQL/MariaDB dumps into
> an SQLite database keeping as many information as possible.
> As SQLite already has a complete SQL parser I expect much
> better results than with existing converters.

I highly doubt the SQLite team will undertake this task. They
Surely have the skill to do so, but their priority is the one
software product you desire to use, undoubtedly due to its
high utility.  I doubt that utility would exist if they were
to wander off tacking the conversion challenge for the other
popular database systems.

Best regards,
-
Larry Brasfield