I have an application for doing recursive data lookup as part of a larger
query.  For example, for each node in a tree, are there any children of the
node that have some property?

In non-recursive settings, one would use a conventional correlated subquery
that references the node id from the outer query to look up things about the
node in the subquery. But with recursive CTEs there does not seem to be any
way, syntactically or otherwise, to "parameterize" the starting point for the
recursive operation.

Is this just something you can't do in SQLite or SQL in general?  Or am I
missing something?

Thanks for any suggestions or expertise.

Randall.