On 2019-10-20 12:53 a.m., Thomas Kurz wrote:
I'd kindly ask whether there is some sort of roadmap for SQLite development?

Someone recently pointed out how much he loves the "lite" and well-thought features. I cannot see
that: I observe that many "playground" gadgets keep being implemented (like virtual columns,
virtual tables, FTS3/4/5, ...), where one might wonder about their relationship to "Liteness",
whereas other features, essential basics of the SQL standards, are still missing and there is no indication
they are to be added.

Without wanting to offend someone, I cannot see the logic in development, so:
Is there some kind of roadmap?

The features you name don't take away from the "liteness", they are all quite small and useful.

The main thing that provides the liteness is that SQLite is a single-user DBMS implemented as an embedded library, in contrast to being a server with multiple concurrent users.

What are the main missing "essential basics of the SQL standards" that you think can be added without compromising the "liteness"?

-- Darren Duncan