On Nov 13, 2019, at 3:47 PM, Peter da Silva <res...@gmail.com> wrote:

> the nurse wastes time looking me up some other way, and
> tells me I'm Peterda Silva.

My “Young II” saga probably burnt an hour of both my time and that of the
insurance company, since it required multiple calls to get it sorted.  I use a
phone plan without “unlimited” minutes, so dealing with this probably pushed me
to a higher cost bracket that month.  The employee time on the other end cost
the insurance company.  And my free time isn’t “free.”

These are real world costs resulting from not spending more time up front on
the software, of attempting an idealized solution instead of confronting
on-the-ground reality.

Now multiply by the number of other customers with more exceptions.  Would it
have been cheaper all around to make the software more robust?