Thanks Barry. I think that’s saying something like what I was saying but I put
it better than them. I’m buoyed by the fact it’s not just Scottish education
that could be done gooder 😉

From: Barry Smith<mailto:smith.bar...@gmail.com>
Sent: 28 December 2019 22:49
To: SQLite mailing list<mailto:sqlite-users@mailinglists.sqlite.org>
Subject: Re: [sqlite] SQL help

Why does section 6.4.3.a.i of that linked standard not apply to his sub select?

In the quote below, CR is Column Reference, CN is Column Name.

3) If CR does not contain a <qualifier>, then CR shall be contained
            within the scope of one or more <table name>s or <correlation
            name>s whose associated tables include a column whose <column
            name> is CN. Let the phrase possible qualifiers denote those

            a) Case:

              i) If the most local scope contains exactly one possible
                 qualifier, then the qualifier Q equivalent to that unique