On 1/10/20, Ryan Mack <ryan.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, I think I've got a better sense now. Hex encoding the column shows
> that there's actually a huge amount of data stored in there. For some
> reason length() isn't revealing it even if the column type is blob.
> Dumping and restoring the table is truncating the data.

length() on a BLOB should show the number of bytes in the BLOB.

length() on a string should show the number of *characters* (not
bytes) in the string up through but not including the first
zero-character.  It is possible to have additional content after the
first zero-character in a string, which length() will not tell you
about.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org