Chip Beaulieu <chipbeaul...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I also recently vacuumed the file. The issue really showed up after the FTS5
> was
> setup on the table. I suspect it’s got something to do with the triggers more
> than
> the indexes. I am definitely open to suggestions. I’ve  not been able to find
> much
> info on the internet to optimize updates to tables with FTS.

If the performance issue is about updating the FTS index, then maybe
tweaking the 'automerge' feature can help. See:
https://www.sqlite.org/fts5.html#the_automerge_configuration_option

If you don't need NEAR or phrase queries, then perhaps setting
details=column can help speeding up re-indexing (at least
it reduces the index size). See:
https://www.sqlite.org/fts5.html#the_detail_option

Regards
Dominique