Show your prepared statements and the code you are using to execute them. There is always a simple cause to seemingly complex problems.

Bob

Eric Scouten wrote:

If it were easy to boil down to a simple code snippet, I would have happily done so. :-) Unfortunately, the error is probably caused somewhere inside a relatively complex home-grown wrapper for SQLite and is not easily distilled into something I can share here.

The question really boils down to "can SQLite offer enough information to help me diagnose the problem it's telling me I have?"

Or to put it another way, this is essentially a memory leak problem. SQLite obviously knows that I've lost track of one or more prepared statements that haven't run to completion, it isn't telling me *what* statements those are. I'm wondering if there is any way of getting that information. Armed with that knowledge, I can probably fix my code fairly quickly.

At this point, I don't have any reason to suspect that SQLite itself is failing.

-Eric

Robert L Cochran wrote:

You really need to post specific code snippets, you can't expect a definitive solution including the complete diagnosis and corrected code from an 11-word problem statement and then a 2-line guess as to the cause. Please show your code. Others on this forum will help you. (I lack the expertise.)

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA

Eric Scouten wrote:

I'm getting this error periodically when attempting to commit a transaction.

What I believe is happening is that my database abstraction layer has lost track of one or more compiled statements that it created at some earlier time. Is there any way to find out *what* transactions are still operating at the time this error is issued?

That would help my debugging efforts greatly.

-Eric