On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 12:33:08AM -0500, Shailesh N. Humbad wrote:
> I wrote an article suggesting a method for improving concurrency in
> SQLite.  The main reason I wrote this article is so I can understand
> SQLite better, not because my proposal is new or usable.  I am not an
> expert in SQLite or databases, so I would appreciate any comments or
> criticisms.  Here is the link:
>
> http://www.somacon.com/p369.php

Your "Prior SQLite Concurrency Proposals" section is deficient, I
recommend a lot more searching in the SQLite list archives.  Read at
least the threads which contain these messages:

  http://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users@sqlite.org/msg01916.html
  http://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users@sqlite.org/msg02270.html
  http://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users@sqlite.org/msg02267.html

Particularly interesting were Doug Currie's April 2004 ideas for
achieving MVCC semantics with table level locking for writes, by
integrating shadow paging into the BTree layer:

  http://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users@sqlite.org/msg01935.html
  http://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users@sqlite.org/msg01982.html

--
Andrew Piskorski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>