[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Has anyone experimented with putting SQLite directly on the
Linux MTD flash interface?  I.e. by-passing JFSS2.  Would this
offer any kind of significant efficiency benefit?

JFFS2 is designed to wear the flash evenly, preventing you from 'drilling holes' by writing to any single block more than others and wearing it out faster. If there is a performance gain to be had by going directly to flash, you lose the robustness and leveling properties of the JFFS2. Unless of course the 'direct to flash' implementation accounts for power loss, bad blocks and wear leveling I'd be loathe to give up JFFS2.

 -P