Jonathan Ballet wrote:

Noel Frankinet wrote:
Nilo Paim wrote:

Hi Noel,

Maybe slower, maybe memory hungry... but not less portable in my
opinion. Java is machine independent, unless when using native code.
On that scenario ( native code ) Java is not portable.

My point is: I would like to have access to sqlite databases from
java without worrying me about native code, dll's, .so'es, etc...,
just using only pure java code, without lossing the normal access to
the same databases, using the "normal" way, via C, C++ or any other
compiled language.

Thanks for your quick response.

Cheers,

Nilo
Porto Alegre - Brasil

Hello Nilo,

I think there a IBM open source sql engine in pure Java. But I don't
rember the name right now.
May be you could use that ?

Regards

I think you're talking of http://hsqldb.org/, used among other project
by OpenOffice ...

I think Noël may be talking about Apache Derby, formerly IBM Cloudscape:

http://db.apache.org/derby/

Regards,

Ulrik Petersen