thanks,
  i failed to notice that one, any way thanks for your replay

Jay Sprenkle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  On 1/19/06, manoj marathayil wrote:
> ok this i can do, but the problem is i need to select a set of records and i
> want to manipulate with each record then only i need to delete that record

That's why I had it separated. Select the set into a temporary table.
Process the records
listed in the temporary table. Then delete them when you're finished
using the temporary
table to define what to delete:

delete from source_table
where id in ( select id from temp_table );

> Jay Sprenkle wrote: On 1/19/06, manoj marathayil wrote:
> >
> > hi,
> > is there is any way so that i can store the result
> > of
> > a select query and execute a delete query on the
> > same
> > table with out using any other buffer?
>
> How about:
>
> select id
> into temp_table
> from source_table
> where somecondition = true;
>
> delete from source_table
> where id in ( select id from temp_table );

---
The Castles of Dereth Calendar: a tour of the art and architecture of
Asheron's Call
http://www.lulu.com/content/77264

T h a n k s  &  R e g a r d s ,
Manoj M | Webyog | Bangalore | Voice: 91 9886171984, 91 80 51216434(off)

"A winner is not one who never fails, but one who never quits!"