On Jan 25, 2006, at 10:00 AM, Kurt Welgehausen wrote:

... but Rails doesn't seem to support composite keys.

I don't know much about RoR. How does RoR keep you from creating
a multi-column key on an SQLite table?

Regards

In point of fact, it doesn't prevent me from *creating* a multi- column key, just from using it effectively. It's just that Rails' implementation of ActiveRecord doesn't understand multi-column PKs. As you might suspect, ActiveRecord handles the relationships between records, and that's a lot easier when PKs and FKs are single-column and follow a reasonable naming convention.

At any rate, Dr. Hipp's suggestion of the AFTER INSERT trigger was exactly what I needed. Thanks!

-Mike Ashmore