Nono BEZMan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My point was that there is light for windows users, if
> this
> FILE_FLAG_WRITE_THROUGH flag is added to the code.
> Otherwise, it seems that
> FlushFileBuffers really hinders SLQite to a point it
> becomes unusable. '7
> Inserts per seconds' on a brand new AMD64 3500+ with
> SATA drives is extremely
> low, and this could be fixed by using this option,
> IMO.

A quick google of FILE_FLAG_WRITE_THROUGH shows me that
this option is a no-op for SATA drives.  It only makes
a difference on SCSI disks.  So it seems your patch
is really just the equivalent of setting synchronous=OFF,
at least on your brand new AMD64 with the SATA disk drives.

--
D. Richard Hipp   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>