Hi,
   
  My requirement is that, I want to store some common properties and some more 
optional properties depending on the need of each application. Where these 
optional properties need to be stored as feild value pairs. Most of the 
values(almost 99.5%) values are of integer type. And there are some 100 odd 
such properties
   
  Now my problem if I want to store these optional properties, do I create a 
column for each type or just store them as blob. If we store them as blob is 
there any sginificat performance impact if some one stores all the properties 
in one record as the record size grows. Presuming all properties are stored 
taking 400 bytes for each record(at max). 
   
  Do we have any analysis the enumeration time or load time if we have large 
data in one record. Or the overall impact because of couple of  large records.

                
---------------------------------
Brings words and photos together (easily) with
 PhotoMail  - it's free and works with Yahoo! Mail.

Reply via email to