David Gewirtz said:

> I've just started to explore SQLite and I've noticed a whole pile of
> wrappers for various environments. The environment I'm using (the open
> source Frontier Kernel) doesn't have any wrappers, so I'd like to write
> one.
> Can someone post some pointers to resources on how to get started writing
> wrappers?

As somebody who has written his own wrapper, the best advice I can give is
to see what the needs of your application are first.  Your wrapper class
effectively becomes the SQLite client program, so make sure that it
addresses all of the needs of SQLite such as statement finalization and
parameter population.  Make sure that the wrapper itself addresses the
needs of your program and makes it so that you don't need to make
sqlite3_* calls from your code.

It's definitely a good idea to be comfortable with writing a couple of C
programs that use SQLite first before trying to write a wrapper.  The
standard C interface to SQLite is pretty good already, and once you become
comfortable with it you'll be able to see what you want to do with your
wrapper.

Clay
--
Simple Content Management