I am not sure how this would work. in order for a trigger to "See"
another database, somebody (obviously not the trigger) must ATTACH the
database first. is there an automatic ATTACH capability that I am not
aware of ? if not, specifying triggers than span databases is looking
for trouble IMHO. as for allowing it, well, guns are allowed also, so
you can shoot yourself in the foot, if you really want to.