On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 01:32:31PM -0600, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> BTW, if you're running everything on a single machine there's lots of
> other ways you can do locking that don't involve the database.
[...]

Well, my locking data isn't as simple as "locked, not
locked". The resource has ranges that can be locked, and it
can be locked for reading (shared) and writing (exclusive).
It's not really fun.

That said, I want the whole fun to work on Unix and
Windows.

So my options are:

1) Write native api code for the job, using shared
   memory/mutexs, or whatnot for the relevant OS.
2) Find a suitable storage for the structured data.

I'm currently trying (2).

    Elrond