I'm currently writing a C wrapper (yes, I know, yet another ... ;) for my
applications. But it's a good training to learn.

So I was looking at the best generic way to manage busy statement.
My first idea was to use the callback option as it seems to be much simplier
and it would benefit to all functions (step, ...).
The loop option is very simple, but that implies to write the same loop code
for every functions that could return SQLITE_BUSY.

The only issue that remain for instance, is how to manage the SQLITE_LOCKED
error. It's not very clear in the documentation when this error could be
returned (instead of SQLITE_BUSY).

I'm not sure the busy callback will be called before returning
SQLITE_LOCKED, like for SQLITE_BUSY.

So, for instance, I will implement the loop option. I will see later when I
will figure out how to manage SQLITE_LOCKED error.

Thanks

Ludovic