On 7-Mar-06, at 7:06 PM, Adam Swift wrote:

In order to provide locking support for database files mounted from remote file systems (NFS, SMB, AFP, etc) as well as provide compatible locking support between database clients both local and remote, I would like to propose some additions to the existing database file locking behavior.

I definitely like all the things you've proposed. We currently use SQLite over NFS (to a NetApp) and while it mostly works, we do occasionally get locking issues that I'd love to be able to get rid of.

To those who have said "create a server" this simply isn't possible on an appliance NFS server.

URIs will allow us to do something like ?mkdir=1 to specify that if the directory didn't exist to make it first. Very handy.

Matt.