Mark Robson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If the answer is "nothing", I'm going straight over to MySQL :)

The advantages of SQLite are that there are no administrative
hassles - there is nothing to set up or configure and the
database is contained in a single disk file that you can copy
to a flash drive or something.  Client/server database engines
like MySQL normally default to READ COMMITTED isolation, which
means you never have database locking problems, but at the expense
of considerable setup and configuration complexity.

It sounds to me like you are more interested in READ COMMITTED
isolation and do not mind the added complexity, in which case
you should be using a client/server database, such as MySQL.

BTW: Lots of people have multiple processes writing to the same
SQLite database without problems - the SQLite website is a good
example.  I do not know what you are doing wrong to get the
locking problems you are experiencing.

--
D. Richard Hipp   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>