Hello everybody,

On 26/03/2006, at 10:08, John Stanton wrote:

LIKE and GLOB do a row scan, and give you none of the advantages of an RDBMS. Why not use a flat file and grep and get simplicity and greater speed?

I'm very well aware that LIKE and GLOB perform a row scan. I do appreciate your concerns about the presumed lack of suitability of my design, but that is not open for discussion.

The original question was related about something very specific: whether there is a bug in LIKE and GLOB when dealing with numbers. Regardless of whether my design is suitable or not, I think it's important to clarify what's happening. Other users might be suffering from this issue without knowing it.

Again, thanks for your responses.

Regards,

-- Tito