My first thought when you asked this: If you have to ask, just go with
MySQL.  If for no other reason than to ease learning.  As you said
before, Googling for each has way different results.  I have found
that learning how to do things (with PHP in my case) with Mysql was
easy just because there are SO MANY people using it, and therefore way
more examples out there.

Having said that, I love SQLite now that I am learning it.  But it
took much more effort because the docs and examples are not as
abundant.  For example, some abstraction layers work with SQLite3, and
others only work with SQLite2.  In this case, it was so much easier to
work with Mysql, for me.  But, now I've learned a bit more, and I am
liking PDO for access to either Ver 2 or 3.  (of course I am using PHP
5.1.2.)  I started my app with Pear::DB, which would only work with
SQLite 2, only because I tried the examples I found and none worked
with other abstraction layers/drivers.  Now, I figured out PDO, and I
am very happy.

As far as the question of "will SQLite handle it?" goes, I say no
prob.  I have several sites running SQLite now for small data driven
tasks, and I love the idea of no db engine running, no separate
process to deal with.  Of course, if I was to run a large user-base on
a system, (like 1000 users) I would go with Mysql or maybe MSSQL.
That's just my preference.

In your case, do you want to spend more time learning?  And want the
portability and ease of use of a file-based db?  Then go with SQLite.
I have found it to be quite reliable.

If you want to get up and running quicker by spending less time
finding examples and documentation, then go with Mysql.  Mysql is very
portable and easy to run, and EVERYONE has it.

Ah, it's worth noting too, I kind of like the data typing and how you
must conform to it in Mysql.  On small web apps, like you describe,
SQLite will handle it fine, but keep in mind that if you want to have
restrictive data types, then Mysql will be better. IMHO.  Maybe some
of you SQLite experts can elaborate, but as far as I know, with
SQLite, if you say you want a varchar(50) column, and you insert 55
chars, it will take it.  Whereas in Mysql, it wont.

My $.02.  Hope it helps.