I been reading this list for several days, but just started using it today.

I'm using it as an embedded database (on Windows), and want to be able to
create the initial database from within my app --  meaning, I don't want to
ship a database file.

What is the recommended method for creating a new database file from within my
app? (I looked for an SQL statement, but failed to find something like "CREATE
DATABASE mydb")

I'm thinking of the following solutions:
1) Create a database with a small known table in it via sqlite.exe, and storing
that file in my app (as a resource), and then copying that file to disk to
"create a new database".  (Then, I could drop the known small table).

2) Ship the sqlite.exe app, and launch it with the appropriate cmd line
parameters to create the database.

SQLite looks fantastic!

Comments?
DanB