Aidan Reel wrote:

Hi

If I give sqlite3_complete the string 'select from Person;' should I
expect it to return zero or one?

Since it is not a valid Select statement I am expecting a zero, instead
I get a one.

If I remove the semicolon from the end of the string I receive a zero.

Regards

Aidan

Aidan,

You should expect a 1. The function sqlite3_complete only checks that the statement is lexically complete (i.e. that it ends with a semicolon). It is used by the shell to decide if it should issue a continuation prompt when a line is input. It does not check if it is a valid SQL statement, or if it makes any sense. Those functions are left to sqlite3_prepare, and you. :-)

HTH
Dennis Cote