there is no dll file in the sqlite source

On 02/05/06, Eric Bohlman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Aaron Jones wrote:
> Windows XP, don't know what compiler to use.

MinGW and all the common versions of Visual Studio work.

> I am creating a GUI to SQLite, so need my interface to connect to
SQLite,
> and wanted to know what it connected to, the source code or the exe
file.

SQLite is an embeddable engine (library), not a server, so you don't
"connect to" it, you link it into your program.  The "exe file" is
simply a command-line shell program that's been linked with the SQLite
library.  You can link SQLite either statically or dynamically (.dll)
the same way you can link any other library.