On May 2, 2006 09:42 pm, E Tse wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am planing to use sqlite for a project involving huge data. The
> planned sqlite file (which will contain a single table) will grow to
> more than 4g in size. Has anyone try that before and what problems
> have you encountered?

Some operating systems only allow files of either 2G or 4G maximum size
due to the limitation of file access being limited to 32bits.
You may note a 32bit long == 2G file size and a 32bit unsigned long ==
4G file size.
Take a look at the fseek() or fopen() commands for your operating
system, that may help give you an idea if the operating system can
handle your request of greater than 4G or not.