From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 12:49 PM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Memory DB: Load from file

Andrew Piskorski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 12:05:52PM -0700, Dave Gierok wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to load a Sqlite file based DB and then specify we
want
> > that to go into memory?  Or is there a more efficient way to create
our
> > memory DB?
>
> You could use attach to copy from an on-disk SQLite database:
>
>   http://www.sqlite.org/google-talk-slides/page-024.html
>   http://www.sqlite.org/google-talk-slides/page-025.html

Andrews suggestion above is better than the sqlite3_raw_write()
routine of my previous post because Andrew's idea is portable.
Use this idea if it is fast enough for you.  The raw_write()
thing will be a little bit faster, but as I said, it is subject
to break without warning.
--
D. Richard Hipp   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>